Sunday, October 7, 2007

Goodbye Dad

I lost my Dad, Charles (Chuck to me and Charlie to his mom) Halle yesterday, October 6, 2007. Even though he was 80 years old, I felt like we would have had more time. His oldest brother is in his 90s and still doing okay. In addition to myself he left Alberta "Bert" (his wife of 7 years), my two sisters and 2 brothers. I am going today with Bert and my oldest sister to make arrangements. This is like de ja vu (sp?) as I lost my mom in 1998. It seems strange to be the oldest generation of my branch of the family tree.

While we had our troubles, like most dads and youngest daughters, still I will miss him. The last few weeks he called me every Sunday. He wanted to know how the recovery from my surgery was going.

Prayers for my family are always welcome.

2 comments:

BillyBob said...

God bless you love.

lace1070 said...

May you find peace in your time of grief ~ Lace